Aug 15, 2008

"Do I have underpants on or no?"

That is a direct quote from Aaron today while we rode home from the car wash. I panicked--"You have underwear on don't pee!". He didn't. I guess he was just checking out his options.

Aaron is potty-training. And he's doing awesome. He initiated it himself. A couple of days ago I went into the bathroom to find Aaron with his diaper off. I asked why he was bare-bummed and he said "because I want to learn how to go potty in the toilet". I was skeptical but I put underwear on him and figured it would last until his first accident and then we'd go back to my original plan, which was to wait until the other kids were in school to potty-train.

But there were no accidents! He used the toilet twice that night. Then the next morning we put the underwear back on and he did perfectly. He's had one accident to date and now we're even venturing out of the house in underwear. He was obviously ready to shed the diapers. He says our next baby can use his left-over diapers.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Your blog is cracking me up! I just sit here and laugh at all the funny things your kids say. But what can a person expect with you and Bob as parents?! I love how Aaron was checking out his options. Potty training is such a crazy time(I had no idea). We hope that everything is going well with you and your little bun in the oven.

xoxo

AmandaS said...

whoo-hoo Aaron! Way to go! I'm sure the baby will be happy to use your leftover diapers!

Nick & Lindi said...

Your kids are too Cute!! I love thie little things they say!! That's awesome that he's doing that well at potty-training! Good luck with that!