Mar 26, 2010

Aaron's Wisdom



Aaron showers us with his knowledge on a daily basis. I thought it would be fun to share some of his recent pearls of wisdom. They're shiny.
  • I was shaving in the bathroom one morning before church. Aaron walks in, sees what I'm doing and asks "Hi, Dad. Are you cutting your face?" Pretty much.

  • I will be taking Aaron (and possibly Seth, if Jean can part with him for seven days) to see my grandparents in Virginia in a couple of months. I explained to Aaron how we will have to fly on airplanes and how much fun it would be to go on a visit far away. He seemed OK with that, thought for a few moments and asked, with a concerned tone "Do they speak our language in Virginia?" Yeah, close enough.

  • Aaron was in a tickling match with Jean the other day. Aaron was going all out, but Jean wasn't giving enough of a laughing response to satisfy Aaron. He wanted more laughter out of her and said "Mom, I'm tickling you to get you to laugh so you'll live longer." He recently learned from the babysitter that studies show you're likely to live longer if you laugh.

  • I'm a lock freak - I leave the home secure when I leave. Jean began her life on a farm, so she is a little more carefree when it comes to locking the house (but she does set the alarm). I brought Aaron home after dropping Danny & Rachel off at school today. Aaron tried to get in several times before I reached the door and was upset that it was locked. I told him that I like to lock the door when I leave and that mom doesn't do it as much as me. I tried to win him over to my side of thinking by telling him that we wouldn't want someone to walk into our house while we were gone and take our stuff. He replied, "They wouldn't take our stuff. They would just come in and look at it." Sure they would. Sounds like Aaron sides his mother. Point, Jean.

No comments: