Sep 6, 2008

HP Bob

Last Friday I left Las Vegas to collect three more state high points. 52 hours and 2,100 miles later I arrived back in Vegas after having visited the high points in New Mexico (Wheeler Peak - 13,161'), Oklahoma (Black Mesa - 4,975') and Kansas (Mount Sunflower - 4,039'. Yes, Mount Sunflower - every state has to have a high point). Rather than bore you with all the details, I'll give you a link to the photos and the driving route we took.

These three high points brought me to a total of 20 (40% done). My thanks to Paul for accompanying me and helping with the driving on this trip.

Wheeler Peak, NM

Black Mesa, OK

Mount Sunflower, KS (circa 02:00)
Yes, that's the same shirt in all three photos. My shirt and body have been washed since. We all smell better now and Jean is happy.

1 comment:

AmandaS said...

Way to go, Bob! I am so impressed!