Aug 15, 2011

Rachel is 8!

Rachel had a tye-dye themed swim party for her 8th birthday. She even had a tye-dyed cake that we were quite proud of. Rachel was so excited to have a swim party. (It's hard to think of things to do in Las Vegas for a birthday party in August that don't include water.) And she learned how to ride a bike so she could earn her party.

We are so thankful to have Rachel in our family. She is a wonderful sister. Her brothers and sister all adore her. She helps me so much with Seth and Ruby. She has a fun, easy-going personality. She is becoming quite the pianist and tennis player. She loves her friends. She has a strong testimony. I asked her if she's nervous or excited about school starting and she said both. Then I asked her the same thing about getting baptized and she said she's not nervous at all. I asked her about her testimony and what she knows about the church. She said "I know Jesus will take care of me". She said it with such faith and surety. We sure love her.

No comments: