May 26, 2009

Back in the day

We recently came across a good dozen or so statements that Danny and Rachel made when they were between the ages of two and four. Here they are:

Danny when talking about eating his carrots: "I'm going to eat mine so I can glow in the dark."

Rachel complained about hurting: Jean: "Rachel, what hurts?" Rachel: "My boogers!"

Danny: "You can't eat me because I'm not a cookie!"

Bob: "Rachel, you're so smiley!" Rachel: "No Daddy, I'm poopy!" (Rachel was in diapers)

Jean told Rachel to call her dad a 'punk'. Rachel mistranslates and calls her dad a 'hunk' instead.

On another night, when Danny was eating his carrots he said: "I can see because I've got carrots in my eyes!"

Rachel: "It's Aaron. He's so born! He's so cute!" (Rachel would use the word 'born' as an adjective)

Rachel: "I'm not cool, I'm Ashley Cox!"

Danny: "If you watch too much TV, it's bad for your body and you'll die."

Rachel to a neighbor boy "Hi. Your helmet is . . . . pretty."

Excerpt from Danny's prayer: "Thank you that we could live on Earth."

Rachel: "It's OK Daddy, I'm not goint to eat you. You're not a food, you're a Daddy."

Rachel used to call Young Women's Wong Nimmins (when Jean was in the Young Women's Presidency in GA).

On demand Rachel would say "Nice and smooooooooooth!"

No comments: